Want to help?
Fly & Dry Basic Needs Bank couldn’t exist without you! We are grateful for all the support we’ve received so far, but that’s just the beginning. Every little bit of help goes a long way and here is how you can get involved:
- Count new incontinence supplies inventory
- Unpack monthly shipments
- Sort, organize, and package our discrete incontinence supply bundles
- Help with administrative tasks like database entry
- Fill orders for monthly distributions to partner agencies
Click below to look through the open Fly & Dry packaging calendar and find a time that works for you. If you don’t see a day or time that you’re hoping for, contact our Community Engagement Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.Show volunteer sign-up calendar
Volunteer Frequently Asked Questions
What to expect when volunteering at Fly & Dry Basic Needs Bank?
When you come to sort and package period supplies at the warehouse you can expect to do any of the following:
- Unpack and organize new supplies shipments
- Count new supply donations
- Sort, organize, and package supplies
- Fill agency orders
Counting and packaging can be done sitting or standing. You should ideally be able to lift up to 20 pounds if you’re doing a standing job.
What should I wear when volunteering?
Please wear close-toed shoes and comfortable clothing that allows to you move. (It’s not manual labor, but you’re going to be moving around.)
What can I bring when volunteering?
If you want to enhance your volunteer experience, consider the following:
• Bring incontinence supplies to donate and wrap! (Brief-style, men’s or women’s, all sizes)
• Bring your favorite K-cup or coffee pod to brew in the Keurig!
• Bring your favorite snack! (We’ll provide the water and sometimes a few snacks but bringing your own is always appreciated.)
I have last minute questions
Where should I park?
We have lots of off-street parking in the lot in front of our building.
Want to be a part of the volunteer Fly & Dry team? We’d love to have you! Just sign up for an activity and time that works best for you. Don’t see a time that works for you? We are always adding new volunteer spots so check back often! **Need a job where you’re not on your feet the whole time? Email us ahead of time and we’ll make sure you’re covered on your volunteer day.**